Sunday, April 10, 2011

No Miss Nail Polish Review

My camera is out of batteries, and apparently we don't have any left!  So you get this review with no pictures, boo.

No Miss Nail Polish is touted as a less toxic nail polish with no toluene or formaldehyde, and says it has UV inhibitors, a glossy finish, and all that good stuff.  The ingredients is short and sweet, with only the few essential ingredients and colorings.  But does it live up to its word?

(Not the exact product, but I couldn't find a single picture!  Image from nomiss.com)

Application:  Almost a one-coater, which is good!  The color I got, Pinellas Peach (Which is really more of a vermilion) was too red for my tastes, so I tried to tone it down with (almost half a bottle of) Essie Limo-Scene.  Well, last time I try frankening with old polish.  Though the application before was great, after it became slightly thick, though still easy to apply.

Color:  Like I said, I tried adding a lighter pink (Essie) to tone down the almost-neon hue a bit.  Even though I added almost half a bottle, it didn't change the color a bit!  However, the polish, once I applied over a not-quite-dry basecoat, became darker.  Not evenly dark, but streaky dark, which is strange because it looks very light and even in the bottle.  It seemed to do this once it touched water, too.

Wear time:  Without a topcoat (which I don't want to add because of the streak issue), about a day before the edges show a bit of wear.  It's better than E.L.F., though, which lasted a day with topcoat until it drove me mad and I replaced it with No Miss.

Overall, I think it's better to use the No Miss base and top coat with this polish.  I don't know if it's the frankening or just the product, but it seemed to become darker sometimes when I applied it.  I like the range of colors, but the cost( about $7, and you can find it at your local Whole Foods) and the fact I can't find reliable swatches for the colors means that I'll only buy these if I'm looking for something more natural and if I don't mind a hit and miss.

What do you think?  It is worth a try?  And if you have any suggestions, I'm still on the lookout for a bright, summery coral nail polish!



If I was sponsored to write this post, I would not be broke.  I am (broke, that is).

No comments: