Sunday, January 30, 2011

Honeybee Gardens Watercolors Nail Enamel Review

...why such long names?  Regardless, here is the low down:

This nail polish is water based, and so has no chemically smell.  It does, however, have a faint whiff of acrylic paint, which comes from the acrylic, but this really doesn't bother me.

I got the color in Nude Beach, which is a cream warm-toned beige.  Now, onto the important facts:
  1. Application:  This was...not bad, if you have a steady hand (I don't).  Even for a cream, it didn't streak too badly, though I would advise two to three coats.  I expect a shimmer would be less noticeably uneven.
  2. Wear Time:  Meh.  Without a base or top coat, about a day or two.  I would advise to shower only one or two hours after applying this product, otherwise it will chip.  However, it dries in about ten minutes and doesn't smudge after, so that's a plus.
  3. Finish:  It's not as shiny as a traditional polish, but this, I imagine, would be quickly remedied with a clear layer.  It is much shinier than a matte or satin finish though.
  4. Removal:  It was easy to remove with 70% ethanol, and didn't  totally destroy my nails like normal nail polish does.
As a total?  Not bad!  They do have a limited range of colors, and buying options may be limited, but at least no body at home complains about the smell.  I got it for $6 off of Ebay, so it's definitely affordable for me.  Would I repurchase?  Yes, for something more natural, this is definitely an acceptable alternative to chemical nail polish.

I was not sponsored to review this product.

No comments: