Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rawr

For my friend's birthday, I wanted to make something from scratch.  Well, nearly scratch anyway.  She had been seeing some people wear hooded sweatshirts with dinosaur spikes, and she asked me to make one for her.  A dinosaur hoodie?  How could I refuse?

Sorry this is the best picture I have, but T-Rex is already safe and sound with zir new owner.


This wasn't a true DIY unfortunately, since I bought the hoodie beforehand.  All I did was to cut a sheet of felt into teeth shapes, sew them onto the hood, make eyes, and finally sew spikes (also made of white felt) down the back.  If anyone wants me to make a full tutorial, I'll be more than happy to.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a tail, but I would say that the facsimile is close enough, don't you think?

No comments: